DIAMOND 5 SOFTBALL ACADEMY
Diamond 5 Softball Academy is located in Madison Indoor Recreational facility. We have six cages, a full infield for softball and baseball and an Atec pitching machine. Our facility offers every player the best of everything: leagues, lessons, clinics, camps and much more.
Our instructors have all played at the highest level in their sports respectively. From Major League baseball to Division I baseball and softball. The instructors at Diamond 5 have one priority: to teach the game and skills needed to succeed.
1. Membership is not required
2. Outside Instructors can be brought in for an additional $25 per rental and management approval. The fee is $30 additional for a Diamond club member. All fees must be paid prior to the rental or booking.
3. Class Fees will be $15 per class maximum 5 players and $10 per class with a maximum of 12 players (two instructors)
Lesson will be given by either a Gold Coach or a Silver Coach.
Gold Coaches will have college playing and coaching experience at the Division I, II, III level. They will be former collegiate coaches that are dedicated to the ultimate goal of teaching your athlete to suceed.
Silver Coaches will be current or former Division I athletes. They may also be high school coaches.
Call 859-625-1320 to set up your appointment today.
|COACH||GOLD COACH||SILVER COACH|
|Private 1 hour lesson||$55||$40|
|Private 30 minute lesson||$35||$25|
|1-4 Players 1 hour lesson||$25 per player||$20 per player|
|5-8 1 hour lesson||$20 per player||Not available|
|Team Rate (10+)||$10 per player||Not Available|
Anderson has over twenty five years of softball experience. The former Division I player has experience in all facets of the game. As a college coach at the NAIA, NCAA I and NCAA III levels, Anderson had a winning percentage of over 80% as a college head coach. She has been doing camps, clinics and lessons for over 15 years. Her expertise is pitching, catching, hitting and defense.
CLASSES AND PROGRAMS
Every Tuesday . $15 per class (6 players per instructor)
Classes run Tuesday 7:00pm and are preregister and prepaid only
START DATE: TBA
TBA – $15 per class (6 players per instructor)
SPEED AND AGILITY SESSIONS
START DATE: January 5, 2015
DAYS: Monday 6:00 pm, Wednesday 6:00pm
AGES 9 and up
COST: $100 per session prepaid only
NEED ADDITIONAL INFORMATION EMAIL: D5softball@madisonindoor.com
2015 ONE DAY SOFTBALL TOURNAMENTS
3 drop dead 60 minute games, top four seeds advance, single elimination tourney, $150
U16/High School TOURNAMENT – January 25, 2015 (Model, Impact, Regulators, Crush, Central KY Edge, Bluegrass Spirit, Warriors) - FULL
U12 TOURNAMENT – February 15, 2015 (Jinx, Regulators White, Regulators Black, Magic, West Virginia Dusters, Sidewinders) – FULL
U14 TOURNAMENT – February 28, 2015 (Regulators, Louisville Nightmares, GN Magic) THREE SPOTS REMAIN
U12 TOURNAMENT – March 1, 2015 (Jinx) FIVE SPOTS REMAIN
U10 and U8 TOURNAMENT – March 7, 2015 U8 Division Teams: Sidewinders U8, MC Sluggers U8 and Hotshots U8 (Spots Remain) U10 Division: Tri State Pride (Spots Remain)
INDOOR SOFTBALL 7 on 7 LEAGUE
U8, U10, U12, U14 and High School Division
8 on 8 Softball Rules-Diamond 5
Playing Rules & General Info
1. Player age is based on age as of January 1, 2015
2. Team Pre-Game Warmup – IMPORTANT – Each team will have use of one (1) hitting tunnel for no more than 60 minutes prior to their game. These limitations will be strictly enforced. Please note schedules may change, but we will make every effort to set six weeks in advance.
3. All players must have the minimum membership of $25, other teams may have team insurance and signed waivers
4. NO food, beverages and tobacco products on the field (this includes sunflower seeds and chewing gum).
5. Dugouts will be in the outfield in left and right field. In left field behind the glass and in right field behind the wall.
6. Game balls will be 12 inch balls for U16/14 and 12, U 10 will use 11 inch balls and will be provided by the umpires. A jugs softie will be used in the High School Division.
7. Players may wear rubber/molded cleats (no metal).
8. Home team has the official book.
9. Teams may roster a maximum of 10 players. (Only 7 in the field for the high school division)
10. There will be a seeded tournament on the seventh week.
11. A regular season game CAN end in a tie if time has elapsed.
12. All teams will provide their own uniforms/t-shirts with a number on the back. The batting order must be given to the home plate umpire prior to the game. Batting lineup cards will be provided in your coaching package.
13. All coaches must sign a “Coaches Conduct Form” before the team plays. It will be in the coaching package.
Playing Rules Special Indoor Rules at Diamond 5
1. Drop dead 1 hour and 10 minutes. The field umpire will keep the game clock and a visible run down of time will be on the scoreboard in centerfield. Game clock starts when home team pitcher throws her last first warm-up pitch. The game ends when time expires. Please NOTE: This is a preseason league. This is for the benefit of the players and shall be treated accordingly.
2. Between games, the umpire will put 5 minutes on the clock and Home team shall take the field when time expires. The game clock starts when the Home team pitcher throws his last warm-up pitch. No pre-game Infield.
3. A team can score five runs per inning, including the final inning. Each batter will start with a 1-1 count.
4. Seven inning games will be played if time limit allows. No 10-Run Rule (so teams get as much softball as possible).
5. Eight players will play the field defensively. (High school division seven in the field) A team can field six players only if the game begins with the required seven (injury only).
6. All players on each team can be in the batting order. Once the batting order is set it cannot be changed. Free defensive substitution is allowed.
7. Courtesy runner (last player to make an out) for the catcher must be used with 2 outs
8. Balls hit to the outfield wall will be played as is. Balls going over the yellow line will result in a homerun.
9. A batted fly ball that hits the ceiling net and is caught by a defensive player prior to the ball hitting the ground is ruled an out and all runners have to tag-up.
10. A batted fly ball that hits the ceiling net in foul territory or on the infield side of the ceiling net boundary rope and is not caught by a defensive prior to the ball hitting the ground player is ruled a foul ball.
11. A batted fair fly ball that hits the ceiling net on the outfield side of the ceiling net boundary rope and is not caught by a defensive player prior to the ball hitting the ground is in play and will be played according to rule 9. A batted fly ball that contacts the ceiling net and is not caught by a defensive player before hitting the ground will be ruled foul if it is judged foul when it contacts the ceiling net OR if it lands on the ground in foul territory.
12. A batted fair ball that bounces and hits the ceiling net is in play with no limit on runner advancement. If the fielder catches the ball off the net it will be an out.
13. The Infield Fly Rule will not be in effect.
14. On deck batters can stand in the far of outside the dugout in foul territory
15. All equipment is to be kept in the dugout.
16. Pitchers are allowed up to 3 warm-up pitches at the start of an inning. New pitchers are allowed up to 5 warm-up pitches. Coaches will warm-up the pitcher between innings if the catcher is getting ready.
17. Facemasks are required in U14, U12 and U10 at the following positions: pitcher, third base and first base. High school division may use facemasks at their discretion. Note: Players, coaches and parents understand the risk of softball and the non-use of facemasks.
18. The Diamond 5 Softball Director will decide all rules not covered here. Protests are not allowed. NOTE: Some rules may change upon further evaluation for the betterment of the league. All coaches will receive written notice of such rule changes.